11” Enameled Grill Pan
Grill in the kitchen year-round. The Marquette Castings 11” square grill pan is designed to improve upon other grill pan designs. The larger than average size makes preparing food for several people easier. The tall grill lines, leave perfect grill marks on your food and keep it out of any rendered fat that may cook off. The INCLUDED lid interlocks perfectly with the pan to improve heat transfer to the lid while pre-heating the pan. The lid can also be pre-heated on its own burner to more effectively grill from both sides at the same time. The main body of the pan was designed to be lighter and easier to handle while maximizing the cooking surfaces. The looped helper handle works well with an oven mitt. The semi-gloss enamel interior makes cleanup easy.
User and Care
- Wash and dry before first use
- For best results, Cookware should be pre-heated before adding food
- Temperature safe to 1,000 degrees
- Suitable for use on outdoor grills and smokers
- Not recommended for cooking on open fires (like a camp fire – your gas range is fine!)
- To Avoid thermal shock, allow to cool a little before cleaning
- These things get hot – always use oven mitts to grip handles
- Never leave cast iron cookware soaking in water for more than a few hours or put in the dishwasher
- The Enamel is very hard, but it’s best not to bang or bump it too hard – let the kids use the other pots for a drum set
- Do not clean with any harsh abrasives, this may damage the surface. If the rough side of the sponge isn’t enough, try a nylon scraper or follow the steps below
- To remove light stains let the pan soak a few hours with light bleach solution (3 tablespoons of bleach per 1 qt of water)
- For baked-on food, Boil 2 cups of water with 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Boil for a few minutes, then scrap it off
- Some metal utensils can mark the inside, we suggest using other types or testing out what you have before you go whipping those sweet potatoes.
- Any Questions? Please call 1-800-647-0081 and we would be happy to chat
This is a well made and beautiful piece of cookware. Heirloom quality! My only criticism is the ergonomics of the handle, it could be a little more of a traditional cast iron style. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and highly recommend the product.
I’ve used it a few times. Only once as a panini pan. I need to get my timing right on pan v lid. (I put the lid on its own burner, it got a tad to hot.) Other than my poor timing, it’s a great pan.
In quarantine, I wanted to break the food monotony and get into paninis. I looked into panini makers and the home version ones are made of teflon (no thank you), while commercial grade ones made of cast iron are expensive, take up lots of space, and take forever to heat up at 180v. By randomness, I found this Marquette pan off of a random Nick Stellino youtube video. I've had it for two weeks now and seriously love it. Gruyere and Fra Mani ham on fresh bread in this pan is so good. I actually think I'll *save* money because I'm not as tempted to each out as much when I can make great sandwiches at home. Have also made mozarella and pepperoni paninis, which is better than most of the pizza I get around here. Finally, the initial pan that was sent to me came heavily chipped on the bottom. Marquette replaced my pan for free and told me to donate the chipped one to charity. The new (perfect) pan came only one day later. Excellent customer service!
I bought the 11" enameled grill pan specifically for grilling sandwiches and I couldn't be happier with it. I've had a cast iron grill pan and press for years but I rarely used it because it's so hard to clean. This enameled version is perfect for grilling sandwiches to hot & crusty perfection - and it cleans up easily. I highly recommend this pan!
Let me start by saying I am not new to cast iron. This is by far my favorite piece! It is very high quality and will not be my last piece from Marquette Casting!